Gane Sarson DFD
Dataflow Diagram (Gane-Sarson/SSADM), Entity-Relationship Diagram
and Entity Life History shapes stencils and templates
for Microsoft ® Visio ® 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/2019/Visio for Office 365,
Omnigraffle Pro, MyDraw, ConceptDraw Pro and Lucidchart Pro
60 shapes in 8 stencils of shapes (metric and US units) that can be used to create Gane-Sarson and SSADM dataflow, Entity-Relationship and Entity Life History diagrams. The templates provide a blank
drawing canvas and defines the way connections flow on drawings.
All the symbols have connection points at suitable locations.
The Data Store and Process shapes each have shape data (or custom properties in older Visio versions) accessed from the ribbon Data -> Shape Data (in older Visio: menu Shape -> Custom Properties) to allow you to enter and show an optional ID for each shape. The Data Store and Process symbols also have a version which always prompts for the ID and Process name when the shape is dropped on the page. Dataflows may also be named by double-clicking the shape and entering the appropriate text. Dataflows may also be set to be curved, straight or angled from the dataflow right-click menu.
Watch a video of a diagram being created with these shapes
Download a free trial containing some sample shapes
1. MSI installer for Visio 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019
A Windows installer .msi file for Visio 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019 containing sample shapes in
Visio stencils and two templates (US and metric).
Visio_DFD_sampler_vsx.msi updated: 16th March 2019 size: 332kB
MSI file installation instructions
- This download is digitally signed for your safety and security.
- Please ensure Visio is closed before installing these shapes.
- Just run the downloaded installer. Shortcuts to the templates will be added to your desktop, start menu and the Visio start screen. The template and stencils will be found under the category "DFD diagrams".
2. Zip files for non-Visio use or for Visio 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019 if you cannot use the above .msi files
ZIP file instructions
- In the "My Shapes" folder create a new folder "Dataflow diagrams"
- Unzip the zip file into this new folder
- Follow the instruction at How to make new templates visible
- Start Visio
- The shapes will be visible from the
(Visio 2003/2007) File -> Shapes menu
(Visio 2010/2013/2016/2019) More Shapes menu
- The templates will be visible at the
(Visio 2003/2007) File -> New menu
(Visio 2010/2013/2016/2019) New file screen
- Omnigraffle Pro, MyDraw, ConceptDraw Pro and Lucidchart Pro and other drawing programs
- Unzip the file
- Follow instructions for your software to import Visio diagrams.
This software works with:
- Microsoft Visio 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or 2019 (any version, Standard, Professional or Premium) and Visio for Office 365.
- ConceptDraw Pro on Mac OSX and Windows.
- Lucidchart Pro.
- Omnigraffle Pro on the Mac and iPad.
The current version is V2.30 dated 16th March 2019.
BuyTo purchase an instant download 24 hours per day please use the Buy Now button below to go to our buy pages which are all hosted on secure servers at our eCommerce provider, PayProGlobal. You can order by credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer, bank debit, wire transfer, purchase order, money order, PayPal, or via telephone, fax, or by post. The online purchase process normally takes just 5 to 10 minutes. Prices are shown below and you can save money with volume discounts and bundles. All prices are exclusive of local taxes where applicable. There are no hidden extras, no delivery charges, subscriptions, annual fees or similar.
Use the Buy Now button for full international pricing.
You will receive an email containing a download link and registration key. These will take you to a web page where you can download the software.
Site licences : All commercial and educational/academic site licences come with free updates for 3 years.