Eight stencils of shapes (metric and US units) that can be used to create Gane-Sarson and SSADM dataflow, Entity-Relationship and Entity Life History diagrams. The templates provide a blank
drawing canvas and defines the way connections flow on drawings.
All the symbols have connection points at suitable locations.
The Data Store and Process shapes each have shape data (or custom properties in older Visio versions) accessed from the ribbon Data -> Shape Data (in older Visio: menu Shape -> Custom Properties) to allow you to
enter and show an optional ID for each shape. The Data Store and Process symbols
also have a version which always prompts for the ID and Process name when the shape is dropped on the page. Dataflows may also be named by double-clicking the shape
and entering the appropriate text. Dataflows may also be set to be curved, straight or angled from the dataflow right-click menu.
Download a free trial containing some sample shapes
For Visio 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016 users:
For Omnigraffle Pro users:
- Download this zip file into the "My Documents\My Shapes" folder
- Create a new folder "DFD sampler"
- Unzip the zip file into this new folder
- Follow the instruction at How to make new templates visible
- Start Visio
- The shapes will be visible from the
(Visio 2003/2007) File -> Shapes menu
(Visio 2010/2013/2016) More Shapes menu
- The templates will be visible at the
(Visio 2003/2007) File -> New menu
(Visio 2010/2013/2016) New file screen
- unzip the file
- click each stencil file and install in the stencil library.
This software works with:
- Microsoft Visio 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016 (any version, Standard, Professional or Premium) and Visio for Office 365.
- ConceptDraw Pro on Mac OSX and Windows.
- Omnigraffle Pro on the Mac and iPad.
To purchase an instant download 24 hours per day please use the Buy Now button below to go to our buy pages which are all
hosted on secure servers at our eCommerce provider, PayProGlobal.
You can order by credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer, bank debit, wire transfer,
purchase order, money order, PayPal, or via telephone, fax, or by post. The online purchase
process normally takes just 5 to 10 minutes.
Prices are shown below and you can save money with volume discounts and bundles. All prices are exclusive of
local taxes where applicable.
Use the Buy Now button for full international pricing.
You will receive an email containing a download link and registration key. These will take you to a web page where you can download the software.